In the previous article, we covered best Java books.Java 8 is one of the major releases in recent years. With the introduction of Lambda Expressions, Stream API, Date Time API, static and default methods in interfaces, there are a lot of changes in core java features. In this article, we will cover some of the best Java 8 books.
1. Java 8 in Action
Java 8 in Action covers the new features introduced in Java 8. This book covers lambadas, streams, and functional-style programming.
Some topics covered in this book
- Java 8 features.
- Functional-style programming.
- In-depth coverage of lambda expressions.
2. Java SE 8 for the Really Impatient: A Short Course on the Basics
3. Java 8 Lambdas: Pragmatic Functional Programming
This book covers lambdas in more detail than any other book. It also shows you how to utilize them in Stream API for parallel processing.
There are few other books, which should be mentioned here
- Beginning Java 8 Fundamentals: Language Syntax, Arrays, Data Types, Objects, and Regular Expressions.
- Mastering Lambdas: Java Programming in a Multicore World (Oracle Press).
- Maurice Naftalin’s Lambda FAQ
In this small post, we covered some of the best Java 8 books available in the market. All these books are of high quality and help us to get familiar with new Java 8 features.