Java Weekly Newsletter Issue 30
Hello and welcome to the Java Weekly Newsletter Issue 30.
1. Blog Posts
In case you have missed any of my posts, here is the list of articles we published this week.
- New Features in Java 8 [An introduction to the new features of Java 8. Get an overview of the Optional, Java Stream, Date Time API, and Functional Interfaces.]
- Best Java 8 Books [A list of best Java 8 books available in the market. Get yourself familiar with new Java 8 features by reading these Java 8 books.]
- Introduction to the Java ArrayList [Guide to the Java ArrayList.Learn about the different features of ArrayList in Java.]
- Guide to Spring Session [A guide to introducing Spring Session. Learn how to use this API in a project to decouples session management from server container.]
2. Spring & Java Community
- Spring REST Docs – Test driven documentation of your REST API
- Secure Your Spring Boot Application with Multi-Factor Authentication [Learn to set up a Spring Boot application with two-factor authentication using SMS using Okta.]
- Build and Secure Microservices with Spring Boot 2.0 and OAuth 2.0 [Blog post giving the understanding to secure microservices using Spring Boot and OAuth2.0.]
- Java performance optimization tips: how to avoid common pitfalls [Few tips to Java performance optimization.]
- Top 10 Books of All-Time for Java Programmers [List of ten books that are essential for any Java programmers who want to improve their knowledge and understanding of Java..]
- How to Reuse Java Streams [Explore the options to reuse Java Stream.]
- Java 8 Optional Functionality [Basic understanding of the optional API introduced in Java 8]
3. JPA / Persistence
I do not work very closely in JPA or Hibernate but following few of the blogs for some of the interesting insight into Persistence
- Truth First, or Why You Should Mostly Implement Database First Designs
- A beginner’s guide to Linearizability
4. Spring and Java Releases
- Spring Boot 2.0.3 available now
- Spring Boot 1.5.14 available now
- Spring Security 5.0.6 and 4.2.7 Released
- IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.5 is released!
5. Presentations and Videos
- Spring Tips: Spring Fu [Look at the brand new microframework from the Spring team, Spring Fu, which makes short work of building fast, reactive Kotlin-based microservices. ]
- Monitoring Spring Boot Applications with Spring Boot Admin
We will be back with our next weekly newsletter with some more insight details about Java and Spring community.
Happy coding and Have a great day !!!!
If you haven’t Signup to our weekly newsletter, Sign up Now